Microsoft Outlook application allows users to store and manage all their emails in an easy and quick way along with many other features like notes, tasks, journals, schedules, contacts, etc. All these Outlook data is stored in a single file called Personal Storage Table (PST) file. Therefore any kind of damage or corruption to these PST files will lead to data loss.
Scenarios that lead to damage the Outlook PST file
- When Inbox Repair utility (scanpst.exe) is used to fix severely corrupted PST files then it may further damage the PST file.
- Any errors while trying to compact large size Outlook Personal Folders files might cause damage to the PST files.
- Trying to recover Outlook data using untrusted data recovery tools might corrupt and also cause damage to the PST files.
- Sharing PST files with multiple users over internet may also cause more damage to the Outlook PST.
If you can’t open your PST file or you suspect the PST data file is damaged, use the Remo Repair Outlook tool to diagnose and fix damaged PST file with ease. The software fixes all errors in the data file along with all Outlook data intact. It works with all versions of Windows operating system and MS Outlook versions listed below:
- Windows OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
- MS Outlook software: Microsoft Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003