MS Outlook is a supreme multi- action tool to handle business and personal related E-mails, notes, journals, tasks, feeds and much more. It was developed by Microsoft for Windows operating systems. Outlook comes as a standalone product as well as along with Microsoft office suite.
Microsoft Outlook makes Email managing, handling day to day tasks and accessing all work related data easier. You can have multiple account profiles synced with MS outlook in order to access all E-mails under one roof.
Microsoft Outlook stores all its documents in a unique file format called PST / OST file format that is only accessible through Outlook program.
Difference between PST and OST:
A Personal Storage Table (PST) is an Outlook file that stores all individual information and data like Inbox, Sent Items, etc. in a .pst file. Each Outlook account has a different set of PST files stored under Outlook folder. These PST documents can be copied and moved to any other computer in order to access them using its particular account.
An Offline Storage Table (OST), especially for MS Server Exchange is an Outlook file that allows you to access whole of Outlook even when you are not connected to the internet. You can send emails, create tasks, and write notes, journals, etc. even after getting disconnected from the internet. All the changes will be made once the Outlook gains access to the internet. These files are particularly helpful while you are working on a Laptop and travelling and in similar situations.
Need to convert your OST to a PST file:
- To gain access to the MS Outlook files from a different computer.
- Microsoft Exchange Server should be moved to, and accessed through MS Outlook program.
- If the OST file is corrupt and inaccessible.
- Or due to any other reason, you may wish to convert OST files to PST file format.
All data from a MS Exchange Server account can be exported to a PST file. This helps in creating a backup or transferring Outlook data to a new computer.
Steps to convert an OST to PST:
- Open Outlook program and click on File menu and under that, open Options tab.
- The Outlook Options window opens. Click on Advanced button and under Export option, click on Export button.
- Choose an action to perform and click Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and hit Next.
- Select the Outlook folder that you want to export. The Outlook folder contains all data from that account. Then hit Next button.
- Browse any destination folder to store the PST files on that location and click Finish.
Now the OST files are converted to PST file format and you have successfully exported data from Outlook to a PST folder.
In case you are not able to access the PST or you are not able to convert the OST file to PST format, use this reliable OST to PST convert and repair tool in order to resolve the issue instantly.
Steps to convert Outlook OST to PST:
- Download the repair / converter tool for Outlook and install it.
- Run the program and select the destination of the OST files that have to be converted using Browse option.
- Click Repair button to fix the damaged OST files and/or to convert OST to PST. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Preview the fixed files and once you’re sure all files are repaired, buy the full version to finish the Save process.
Visit here in order to instantly repair any other files that are corrupted.