This is a feature provided to keep Outlook fast and responsive. This allows you to move old emails and the likes to another location on your system thus letting you manage space in mailbox. Auto archive needs to be manually enabled since it’s not enabled by default. Here’s how auto archive can be configured:
- Click on file and then on options
- Now on the outlook option windows, click on advanced ->Auto archive setting
- Now auto archive windows pops up and everything will be grayed out.
- Check the box “run auto archive every…”
Selecting the ‘permanently delete old items’ option however will delete all old emails and will not archive it though. However, there is still a chance that the auto archive option may not function as intended. Here’s what you need to do in such situations:
- Turn on auto archive option once again.
- Check the modified date.
- Run an anti-virus application to remove viruses.
- Re-install the application if none of the above options hold good.
However, if there’s still an issue where auto archive not working on your Outlook then it may be a case where your PST file is severely damaged and needs to be repaired at the earliest. In such situation you can rely on a Remo Repair Outlook. This is the safest PST repair tool and requires just a few minutes to fix your corrupt PST files. Additionally, it recovers all attributes of Outlook that are missing as a result of corruption. You can visit here to read more about Remo Repair Outlook and auto archive configuration.